« Back to Blog
Strategies for making money on social media
If you're looking to make some extra money, look no further than Opinion Outpost. Simply register with us online to begin taking paid surveys! Many brands are looking for your valuable feedback and your time will be compensated either through monetary payment or gift cards for leading brands such as iTunes and Amazon. Making some extra cash has never been easier!
But did you know there are also other clever ways to make money online in addition to registering with Opinion Outpost? There are now a number of ways to supplement your income using social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more. Read on to find out how you can turn your social media obsession into a real money-maker:
First - build a following
There are a number of ways to make money on social media: You can promote your own products or services, you can become an affiliate of other companies or you can set up a YouTube channel that comes with paid advertising. All of these strategies have the potential to become lucrative, but only if you are able to build a substantial following. You won't be able to raise any significant funds from your personal Twitter or YouTube account if you only have 10 followers. So how do you build a large social media following? According to Yahoo, to ensure social media money-making success, do the following:
- Develop a unique voice and presence: Millions of people over the world have social media accounts. It's important to make yours stand out from the crowd by offering a unique voice, perspective or persona. Maybe you want to establish a comedy sketch channel on YouTube for example, or a Facebook page that promotes your custom-made jewelry. In any case, be sure to make your services different from the competition.
- Connect with your audience: Reach out and interact with your followers - it'll make you appear more likeable, genuine and trust-worthy.
- Post as often as possible: Some of the most successful social media entrepreneurs are those who post and promote numerous times a day. It's not enough to simply post once or twice a week - you won't build a sizeable following that way.
- Be honest: We live in a confessional age, and audiences prefer to connect with social media users who are open and honest about their lives and experiences. No matter what you are promoting, try to bring this kind of authenticity to the table.
With a sizeable social media following, you will be in a better position to successfully implement one or more of the following money-making strategies:
1. Promote your own products
Maybe you've always made jewelry or art on the side and have wondered how to drum up interest and attention. According to Entrepreneur, this is now easier than ever, thanks to social media. Simply create a social media page that places an emphasis on visual media - think Pinterest, Instagram and even Facebook. Post photos as often as possible and share the images with as many people as you can. The source noted that all images should contain links to online sites where people can purchase your products, such as Amazon, eBay and Etsy.
2. Create a monetized YouTube account
The YouTube Partner program enables popular YouTube vloggers to make money via paid advertising, Lifehack explained. The advertisements are usually placed before the video you post and you'll get a cut of the proceedings. Success in this area is, as outlined above, contingent on your number of followers and the amount of hits you get per day. If you only have a few subscribers, then you won't make any substantial money. If, however, you are able to build a large and loyal following, this can be an effective way to make some extra cash. Indeed, there are some YouTube stars who have become so successful that it's now their primary form of income.
3. Promote Amazon products
Lifehack reported that the Amazon Affiliate program is an easy way to make some extra cash. If you sign up for the program you will be eligible to promote Amazon products on your social pages, via promotional links. You'll receive payment if any of your subscribers click on the links and make a purchase. Again, this strategy is more likely to make you money if you have a large and loyal following.
*Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this program. For complete gift card terms and conditions, see www.amazon.com/gc-legal. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.
« Back to Blog