« Back to Blog

Halloween is coming - do you DIY?

Halloween is a legendary and creepy holiday that so many Americans love to focus on, turning their eyes away from the Thanksgiving and holiday season products that are already in stores and only paying attention to the ghosts, witches, ghouls and, of course, superhero attire. Skimpy takes on classic professions such as nurses, firefighters, police officers and more will also be flooding the streets at the end of this month, and you can feel one way or another about that. 

The real question, though, is what are you doing to prepare for this jovial yet haunted anti-holiday? Are you simply getting enough candy to stock a 5-gallon bucket so you can just sit inside in pajamas and enjoy some relaxing television? Or, are you an aficionado, building elaborate contraptions and decking out your house and attire in the scariest possible items you can find both inside the store and inside your mind? 

Halloween is just a week and a half away, so it's time to make some decisions. 

DIY or purchase?
A recently Opinion Outpost survey found that roughly 51 percent of 1,319 voters, or 670 individuals, plan to make their own costume this year, perhaps using a little face paint or an old bed sheet to get into the holiday spirit. On the other hand, roughly 49 percent, or 649 voters, stated that they would be going to a store and purchasing a costume that is ready to be worn right out of the box, which might be the more professional approach anyhow. 

Once again, we find our nation divided between those who love do-it-yourself projects and those who would prefer to just not have the headache or stress, purchasing items from stores instead. 

Now, it all boils down to how much you want to turn heads at the Halloween party or whilst trick-or-treating down the darkened streets on the big night. Do you want to come in like a lion, or do you only focus on leaving like a lamb? (Also, you could easily be a lion or a lamb with the right colors of face paint and some creative spins on clothing.)

Remember, your options are boundless, it's just up to you to make a final decision. 

Tips to consider
There are plenty of great sellers of fine Halloween attire in the form of both brick-and-mortar stores and online websites, while the choice you make regarding the actual costume should dictate how you go about putting it together. If it seems better to buy the necessary accessories online, you'd better get on it now, because who needs a Halloween costume between Nov. 1 and Oct. 30? 

If you're more of an artist who likes to express some creativity any time, Pinterest and other social media websites should be able to pique your interest at least a little bit, then you can have at it. Remember, if you're in need of a last-minute idea, there is always the classic "Scream" costume that kind of looks like that Edvard Munch painting - and that never gets old, ever.


« Back to Blog
Join for free!

Why sign up?

Nobody's voice is as powerful as yours. As a consumer, you are uniquely positioned to share your perspective with businesses, telling them what you expect in order for them to receive your money in a transaction. So, why not make money online by taking surveys that provide information to your favorite company?